1961 Gibson ES-125T – Sunburst
Serial number: 37982
Cosmetic Condition: Very good, light play wear for its age. There are a few dings on headstock and body.
Upgrades/modifications: Tune-o-matic bridge and a strap button has been added to the neck heel. Comes in a 1990s original brown Gibson case.
1961 Gibson ES-125T is a vintage electric guitar that carries the unmistakable charm and character of Gibson’s golden era. This model belongs to the Gibson 125 series, which was introduced in the late 1940s and gained popularity for its affordability and playability.
The Gibson ES-125T features a single-cutaway, hollow-body design, providing a lightweight and resonant instrument with excellent acoustic properties. Its body is constructed using a combination of laminated maple back and sides, topped with a laminated maple arched top. This tonewood combination enhances the guitar’s overall warmth, clarity, and sustain.
The neck of the Gibson ES-125T is made of mahogany and joined to the body at the 14th fret. It is topped with a rosewood fingerboard, which provides a smooth playing surface and comfortable feel. The fingerboard typically features dot inlays, aiding in navigation along the neck.
As for the electronics, the Gibson ES-125T is equipped with a single P-90 single-coil pickup mounted in the neck position. The P-90 pickup is known for its distinctive vintage tone, delivering a rich, creamy, and versatile sound. The guitar also features a volume and tone control knob, allowing players to shape their desired sound.
A notable features of this 1961 Gibson ES-125T is that the bridge has been swapped out years ago for a tune-o-matic style. A trapeze tailpiece for easy string changes, and vintage-style tuning machines. These components contribute to the guitar’s overall functionality, stability, and aesthetic appeal.
In terms of aesthetics, the Gibson ES-125T exudes vintage elegance. It often comes in a traditional sunburst finish, showcasing the beautiful wood grain and adding to its retro charm. The classic Gibson headstock with its crown inlay and the overall vintage appointments make it a visually striking instrument.
Overall, the 1961 Gibson ES-125T is a vintage gem that represents the iconic craftsmanship and sound of Gibson guitars from the early 1960s. With its hollow-body design, P-90 pickup, and vintage aesthetics, it offers players a unique tonal palette and a piece of musical history.
- Original sunburst nitro lacquer finish
- Hollow maple body with maple laminate top, back, and sides.
- Glossy medium C shaped mahogany neck
- Brazilian rosewood fretboard – pearloid dot inlays
- Setneck full-scale – 62.5cm
- Scale length is 24 3/4”
- Nut Width- 1 11/16″
- Neck depth at 1st fret is 0.79″ / 0.90” at 10th fret
- 12.00″ fingerboard radius
- 20 original frets in good playing condition
- Original dog-ear P90 pickup withdog-ear cover
- Pickup Measurements – 8.38kΩ
- Pot codes* are dated to 1961
- 2 gold reflector cap knobs – volume/tone
- Trapeze tailpiece
- Tune-o-matic bridge -upgrade
- Original 3 in a row Kluson tuners
- Original brown swirl tortoise pickguard
- Weight is 5.210 Lb or 2.365 kg
- 1990s original brown Gibson case
All guitars are professionally inspected and set up, ensuring optimal playability and performance.
* Manufacturing date codes and interior pics are available per request: e-mail
|Dimensions||120 × 48 × 20 cm|