1963 Gibson Melody Maker D Sunburst
Serial number: 125 584
Gibson Melody Maker D, double cutaway 3-tone Sunburst finish in beautiful condition and in perfect working order. 100% original. All electrics and soldering are original. This guitar features solid Honduran mahogany body construction with a Brazilian rosewood fingerboard with 22 original frets in excellent condition. The pair of robust-sounding single coil pickups combine a Fender-esque snap and twang with the fuller midrange and low end punch that mahogany provides. The finish on the front of the guitar is pretty clean, with a slight patina and a minimal amount of light checking, the back-side, -body and neck, is nice and clean beside a bit of wear, and the corners do show a little wear, nothing bad, just some signs of the time, pure mojo!
Comes in a later black hardshell case.
- Sunburst nitro laquer finish
- 1-Piece single-cutaway mahogany body
- 1-Piece mahogany neck(setneck) full-scale – 62.5cm
- Nut width is 1 11/16”
- Scale length is 24 3/4”
- Neck depth at 1st fret is 0.85”/ 1.006” at 12th fret
- Original frets in excellent condition
- 2 original single coil pickups
- Pot codes* are dated to 1963
- 4 gold tp hat knobs
- Original wraparound bridge
- Original 3 in a Row Atrip tuners
- Original one layer black pick-guard
- Weight is at 5.60 Lb – or 2.540 kg
- Nice and solid black hardshell case
* Don’t hesitate to ask for more infos and details, I will send manufacturing date codes and interior pics per request.
|Dimensions||130 × 55 × 20 cm|