1959 Fender Stratocaster Replica by FlameTone Custom Shop Guitars
HANDMADE BY ALESSANDRO TOMASSONI OF FLAMETONE PICKUPS
Serial # 0048
Cosmetic Condition: Clean
- Alder Body
- Maple neck with
- Old air dried Brazilian Rosewood fretboard
- 9,5″ Radius
- 21 Medium Frets
- Original Fender Hardware
- 3 Ply Mint Green pickguard
- Flametone Original Single Coils pickups = neck 6.30 / middle 6.20 / bridge 6.60
- Gig Bag
The 1966 Fender Stratocaster Sunburst is a highly coveted vintage electric guitar that embodies the iconic design and timeless appeal of the Stratocaster model. This particular instrument features a stunning sunburst finish, which is characterized by a combination of vibrant hues ranging from a rich, deep brown in the center to golden shades at the edges.
The body of the 1966 Stratocaster is crafted from alder, a tonewood known for its balanced tonal characteristics and excellent resonance. Its sleek, double-cutaway design allows for easy access to the upper frets, enabling guitarists to unleash their creativity across the entire neck.
The sunburst finish on the body of the guitar is meticulously applied and showcases the natural grain of the alder wood, adding depth and visual allure. The guitar’s three single-coil pickups are positioned in the traditional Stratocaster configuration, with one pickup near the bridge, one in the middle, and one near the neck. These pickups produce the distinctive Stratocaster tone, offering a versatile range of clean and bright tones, as well as the renowned “quack” in the in-between positions.
The maple neck of the 1966 Stratocaster features a smooth rosewood fretboard with pearloid dot inlays, providing a comfortable playing experience and a touch of elegance. The neck is bolted to the body, contributing to the guitar’s sustain and resonance. The headstock* displays the classic Fender logo and is fitted with vintage-style tuning machines, ensuring stable and precise tuning.
* In its original incarnation, introduced in 1954 and largely solidified by 1957, the Stratocaster had what is referred to in the modern era as a small headstock. That design was in production through late 1965. CBS bought Fender in a deal that took effect on January 5, 1965. To the chagrin of many longtime Fender employees, the Tiffany Network started messing with the Stratocaster almost immediately. Only a slight change at first—the guitar got a new neck plate stamped with a large stylized Fender “F.” In the words of one observer quoted in author Tom Wheeler’s The Stratocaster Chronicles, this small move by itself served as “an adequate symbol of the CBS invasion. But in December 1965, an even more significant—and visible—change was implemented. The Stratocaster’s headstock was enlarged and slightly re-shaped. “The rationale was simple,” noted author Richard Smith in Fender: The Sound Heard ’Round the World. “The new design allowed a bigger decal.”
Other notable features of the 1966 Fender Stratocaster Sunburst include a synchronized tremolo bridge system, allowing players to add expressive vibrato effects, and a three-ply white pickguard that contrasts beautifully with the sunburst finish. This guitar captures the essence of the ’60s Stratocaster, with its timeless aesthetics, iconic sound, and legendary playability, making it a cherished piece of musical history for guitar enthusiasts and collectors alike.
- Solid alderbody in 3-tone Sunburst ,
- 1-piece maple-neck w/medium C-profile,
- small Pre-CBS headstock w/Spaghetti-logo,
- Brazilian Rosewood fretboard with 21 frets and clay dot inlays,
- 3x original “black-bottom”singlecoil pickups,
- 3-ply greenish pickguard,
- 1x volume, 2x tone, 3x way switch,
- untouched solderjoints,
- Stackpole pot codes read 304-6218 dating to the 18th week of 1962
- 6x orig. Kluson “single-line” tuners,
- Fender “synchronized” tremolo w/6x “Pat.nr.stamped” steel-saddles
- Weight; 3575g / 7.880lb
- orig. Fender brown tolex case with orange plush lining.
All guitars are professionally inspected and set up, ensuring optimal playability and performance.
* Don’t hesitate to ask for more infos and details, I will send manufacturing date codes and interior pics per request: e-mail
|Dimensions||120 × 18 × 48 cm|